Nelson's Pocket Book of Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy is the most popular and widely used resource on pediatric antimicrobial therapy provides instant access to reliable, up-to-the-minute recommendations for treatment of all infectious diseases in children. This latest update is based on the 18th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
For each disease, the authors provide commentary to help physicians select the best of all antimicrobial choices. Commentaries are linked to descriptions of the recommended antibiotic. Drug descriptions cover all antimicrobial agents available today and include complete information about dosing regimens. In response to growing concerns about overuse of antibiotics, the program includes guidelines on when not to prescribe antimicrobials.
- Designed for those who take care of children and are faced with decisions every day on which anti-infective agents to use
- Newly added information on maximal adult dosages and higher dosages of some antimicrobials commonly used in children (mostly grade III information)
- Includes treatment of parasitic infections and tropical medicine
- Updated the anti-infective drug listing, complete with formulations and dosages
- Balanced information on safety, efficacy and tolerability with data on costs and availability of drugs